Spinach and Bacon Quiche
A quick and easy dish that I can make in advance and put in the fridge for breakfast the following mornings.
1 ready-made pie crust (I use Pillsbury deep crust)
3 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
1 garlic clove (pressed, using garlic press)
100 gr bacon
Halved cherry tomatoes (optional)
1 cup milk
1.5 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese - or any other type of cheese you like
Salt & pepper
1) Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2) Press pie crust into 9" pie pan. Pre-bake pie crust for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
3) Sautee onion, garlic & spinach in butter until onion is soft - add salt & pepper to taste and set aside.
4) Pan fry bacon, cut into smaller pieces, and set aside.
5) In a mixing bowl - whisk together the eggs & milk.
6) Spread spinach mixture in bottom of pie crust.
Spread bacon pieces on top of the spinach mixture.
Spread shredded cheeese on top of the bacon.
Put halved cherry tomatoes (if you wish).
Pour egg and milk mixture.
7) Bake for 45 minutes.
I have used Pilsbury regular crust before and I think it is best to use Pilsbury deep crust as it provides more coverage for the mixture.
My husband prefer Spinach Quiche over Spinach & Bacon Quiche, so I just remove bacon from the recipe above.