Chocolate Lava Cake
I am a truly chocolate lover and I like eating dessert too. Chocolate Lava Cake somehow has always been my safest choice of dessert when I eat in the restaurants. Only a few years ago I realized how easy to make it myself and how good it can be if done with a good quality chocolate! I got this recipe from my mum-in-law, who also a chocolate lover - I think. Anyway, who doesn't love chocolate? :-)
200 gr good-quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa Lindt), broke into pieces
100 gr unsalted butter, chopped
3 eggs, lightly beaten
115 gr (½ cup) caster (superfine) sugar
2 tablespoons plain (all-purpose) flour
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2) Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bowl does not touch the water, and stir until just melted.
3) Place the eggs, sugar and flour in a bowl and mix until just combined.
4) Gradually mix in the chocolate mixture.
5) Pour the mixture into ovenproof ramekins and place on a baking tray.
(I made 2 recipes so there were eight servings produced)
6) Bake until the edges are set, about 12-15 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream. Yummy!
You can use different type (or cheaper) chocolate but for me the best result can only be achieved with good quality chocolate - and Lindt is one of them.
This Chocolate Lava Cake must be served warm. So if you make them for a party, best to do the dough early (to save time) then cover them with cling wrap and put them in the fridge. When it is the time for dessert, you bake them. Don't bake them early to be served hours later. They won't be nice anymore.