Chicken and Mushroom Risotto
Updated: Nov 12, 2018
Risotto is one of my husband's favourite dishes. I have tried quite a number different recipe and this simple recipe of Chicken and Mushroom Risotto suits us most.
40 gr butter
100 gr bacon, cut
1 medium onion, chopped
150 gr sliced mushrooms
250 gr arborio rice
200 gr chicken, pan fried
1L chicken stock
2 tbsp grated parmesan (or more)
1) Melt butter in the pan. Fry cut bacon for about 5 minutes. Add chopped onion and fry for another 5 minutes until they are soft.
2) Add sliced mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir in the rice and cook for about 2 minutes until the rice has started to turn translucent.
3) Pour in a quarter of the chicken stock and allow it to bubble, then start to set the timer for 20 minutes. Continue to stir. When the liquid has been absorbed, add more liquid. Stir frequently. Add more chicken stok and continue to stir. I usually put in the liquid in about 3 or 4 batches.
4) After the rice is cooked and most of the stock has been absorbed (usually this happens in 20 minutes), stir in cooked chicken then turn-off the heat. Stir in grated parmesan - and parsley if you like. Leave to rest to allow more liquid to be absorbed.
5) Serve with extra parmesan on top if you like. I don't normally do that for myself and my son, but my husband always like extra parmesan.
1) If you wish to see more greens, you can add peas (in the last 5 minutes of the 20 minutes cooking time). My husband prefers this but my son and I don't like peas so I omit peas.
2) If you don't eat bacon, you can omit it but the taste will not be as good :-)
3) Never leave the stove when you cook risotto and stirring it often is very important.