Another quick and easy recipe that is delicious. It takes only 15 minutes to prepare and mix all the ingredients (no electric mixer required) and about 50 minutes to bake in the oven. I usually pack this Banana Bread in my son's snack box. If it is for consumption outside school, I could add walnut to make it Banana Walnut Bread. Yummy!
2 to 3 very ripe bananas
1/3 cup melted butter (or vegetable oil if you prefer not to use butter)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup caster sugar (3/4 cup if you would like it more sweet) or brown sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a 4x8-inch loaf pan.
2) In a bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter (or oil) into the mashed bananas.
3) Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
4) Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
5) Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes.